Student Placement Volunteers
ArtHeart is a welcoming space in Regent Park for children, youth and adults to explore their creativity through access to many artistic mediums. Many of our participants are directly affected by poverty, so access to food, safe and affordable housing and access to clinical care are an ever-present burden to those who use ArtHeart.
As a community social services organisation, we recognize the need to assist students in gaining the practical knowledge and skills necessary to become a social service provider, educator, clinical or communications professional while they continue to work in the community.
ArtHeart offers a limited number of college and university placements to students who are studying to work in either of these sectors. Placement students help us in executing our mission and vision of enhancing self-sufficiency, promoting well-being and engaging our community so everyone has the opportunity to thrive! Please read all the information below to understand our expectations of placement students, and instructions to follow when applying for a placement position with us.
Responsibilities of Students
- Sign and follow our Confidentiality Statement, Code of Conduct & Community Development, Anti-Racism/Harassment policies
- Submit a clear criminal background or vulnerable sector check as required, or submit to one if you do not have one provided by your school
- Always act in a professional manner with ArtHeart’s participants, volunteers, placements and employees
- Attend orientation, training sessions and/or staff meetings as required
- Notify your placement supervisor immediately if unable to attend placement due to illness
- Work with your placement supervisor to establish the learning contract and expected outcomes
- Curriculum development for appropriate age groups
- Show up for placement days well-prepared and willing to work
- Upon completion of placement, to return all job-related tools, files, property back to ArtHeart
Our Commitment to Students
- The provision of a safe work environment
- Structured staff meeting and ongoing support
- An invigorating work experience
- An experience you’ll remember, always
Thank-you for your interest in completing a placement with ArtHeart! We are now accepting student placement roles for the 2017/18 school year.
If you are seeking a placement for summer 2017, please complete our volunteer application.